The Supermac’s Ballina Salmon Festival Busking Competition takes place again this year from Thursday 13th – Saturday 15th July in the town centre.
The competition, which is very kindly sponsored by Supermac’s, Ballina, is open to solo performers and bands/groups of all ages. All types of music are welcomed.
All buskers can perform anytime they wish on those days between 10am and 5pm in town.
The busking competition is a great addition to the festival programme, complimenting The Core Stage and bringing the streets of Ballina alive with music.
There is one prize only of €750 – winner takes all!
How to enter
- All entries must be submitted online via the entry form below.
- All entry fees must be paid by July 1st – a member of Ballina Salmon Festival staff will call you to confirm your application entry, and arrange payment details
- Buskers should pick up their entrants badge/permit from the Festival office prior to joining the competition.
- Entry fee: €10 per individual artist or €20 per band
- The maximum number of entrants is 40 and the application form below will close automatically once this number is reached. If you find that entry is closed, do stay tuned to the website and Ballina Salmon Festival Facebook page for updates on cancellations which may open up a slot for you.
- Entry forms will be available from May 1st until June 30th 2016 (or until the last slot is filled)
All amplification will be checked for volume and if requested to lower your volume all entrants are required to do so – in the interests of all parties: general public, businesses, and the festival organisers. Failure to comply with a request may result in disqualification from the competition.
Judging in the Supermac’s Ballina Salmon Festival Busking Competition will take place each day from 2-3pm. Buskers must be playing for this hour at least on any single day to be judged for the final.
Entrants should have their badge/permit on display during this time or they will not be judged as part of the competition.
Supermac’s Ballina Salmon Festival Busking competition FINAL
A final will be held on stage at the Market Square on Saturday 15th July at 7:30pm with the winner being selected at 10pm, just before the start of Mardi Gras.
All entrants will be notified by text message by 4pm on Saturday if they have reached the final.
Buskers are completely free to collect money donated by passers-by – this is something core to busking which festival organisers are not restricting.
Not entering the competition? No problem!
The festival is happy to welcome buskers who do not wish to enter the busking competition, as we know and value the additional atmosphere that music will bring to the town.